- Bat Kol, ‘daughter of a Voice,' describes who we are, humans "made in the image and likeness of God" (Gen. 1:27).
- Talmud Torah is our study and doing of Torah, using Jewish sources.
- Havrutah is our method of study, based on the proverb that "Iron sharpens iron" (Prov. 27:17).
- Just as one piece of iron sharpens another, so two studying together sharpen each other's minds.
- Hebrew language is our key to the exegesis of biblical texts.
- Sabbath observance is ‘imitatio Dei,' and in imitation of Jesus and his followers. Sunday worship further describes who we are as followers of Jesus